Friday, March 30, 2012

Lettuce wraps

I have a good friend, (Thank you Heather!) who shared this recipe with me and I adapted it slightly, and wanted to share it with all of you. I love the PF Changs lettuce wraps, and I am not sure without a side by side comparison, but I think these are every bit as good as theirs, if not better. And if any of you are calorie counters, which I am not, but I was curious as to how many calories were in each lettuce wrap, so I used a calorie counter website to figure it out, and if you make 8 wraps, each is only 135 calories!

Here is the recipe:

3 T. Canola Oil
3 Chicken Breasts

2 cans water chestnuts (chopped)
1 8 oz. pkg. mushrooms (chopped)
3 T. onion (chopped)
1 tsp. garlic (minced)

3 T. soy sauce
3 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. vinegar

8 leaves iceberg lettuce

Cook chicken in oil, add chopped chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook 5-10 minutes. Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar to make sauce and pour over chicken mixture. Spoon into lettuce leaves and eat. YUM!!!

No comments: