Monday, July 16, 2012

A moment of perfection

Yesterday, I had one of those moments, where everything seemed wonderful, perfect even. Church was wonderful, I was inspired and uplifted and touched and encouraged by the spirit. Craig and I were making dinner together and the children were all happy and it just was one of those moments, where everything was perfect and I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. A song came on, that I had forgotten about. I probably hadn't heard it for 10 years at least. It is called "What I need" by Michael McLean from his Safe Harbors album.
I have had this recurring thought over the last few years that we should be more thankful for just having enough to meet our needs, and not feeling bad because we don't have more. In the world today, lots of people are suffering, and lots of people are going without. The fact that I have enough to pay the mortgage/rent and the fact that there is always enough to buy groceries and pay the bills, is such a wonderful blessing. The idea of living paycheck to paycheck is something we talk about like it is so terrible. When really, having enough to get from paycheck to paycheck is a wonderful blessing. I am thankful for the life I live, the blessing I have and the fact that I have always been given enough to meet my family's needs and more. I have always been given just what I need by a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Great thought Megan. Love you guys!

Anna-Kare said...

Well said. Love you!

Queen of the Hill said...

I needed that. I know I focuss too much on the things I want and forget to be grateful for the fact that I have all the things I need!

tsendee said...

Hello, Meg! I thought you sold your Provo house. You're a busy mom-3 rental properties to manage. Good luck finding renters. Have you posted the ads on KSL? Anyways, I've been trying to fidn a good dentist for us in Lehi area. Do you know any good ones?

Megan said...

Tsendee- Dry Creek Pediatric Dentistry is amazing for kids- They do laser fillings for kids with no shots and no pain. They have TVs on the ceiling and my kids love to go to the dentist.
801-766-2266 it's Dr. Richter I think- I already can't remember :)