Friday, July 2, 2010

Breakfast in the Berry Patch


So, it has officially become my favorite part of summer, fruit season!!

This morning we went out to the garden to pick peas and berries. There is nothing better than garden fresh peas, strawberries and raspberries for breakfast.



Craig and the girls (squinting in the sun) by our newly planted strawberry beds
with raspberry patch behind.



Logan enjoying emptying out the peas in a frantic and frivolous fashion. :)



The kids with our first (of many) batches of peas. Anyone want to help shell them?



Olivia and Logan, picking peas....or playing in the dirt....I'm really not sure.



And last but not least, Ally with MORE baby bunnies. :)
About 2 weeks ago, we had just gotten rid of the last bunny from the first batch,
when mommy bunny- had more babies...the VERY NEXT DAY!!!
That whole multiplying like rabbits thing- well, it's not an exaggeration.

Anyone want a bunny?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How do the nets over your strawberries work? Do you have them to the box, and just lift it up to get your strawberries? I really need to get nets so we can get at least one strawberry.

Queen of the Hill said...

Yep, definately the best time of the year. I like to call it nature's candy!

I can't believe your bunny had babies again. Fun for your kids, but good luck getting rid of them.

Tara Oliver said...

holy cow, that's a lot of bunnies. LOL. they are so cute! when I was a kid, I wanted a rabbit, but never got one. don't think we need one just yet, though. but I think Logan is soooooo cute and grown up in those pictures! I think it's been too long since I've seen him.