Monday, June 28, 2010

Olivia's not so quiet book...

So yesterday in church, they were passing the sacrament, and it was as quiet as I think I have ever heard it in the chapel. Olivia was silently working on the quiet book that I made her for Christmas. (She has spent the last few weeks working on the buttons page without any success.) When out of the quiet, she yells "I DID IT!!!" with pure excitement. I think that everyone in the room turned to look at her, and I was a little concerned, until all of the faces were saying silently, 'how cute'. It was really cute actually, and she was just proud of herself for fastening a button for the first time. It reminded me of a time when Ally was small like that, and the situation was the same. We were sitting in church as they were passing the sacrament, and all was quiet. She had a little toot, and said "excuse me". When no one responded, she said it agian, with still no response, so in frustration, she yells, "I TOOTED!" Everyone started to laugh, even the bishop on the stand was snickering. It was funny to everyone else, but I was mortified. What would life be like without kids to make us laugh.... :)

3 comments:

Queen of the Hill said...

I love it. I think the best part about motherhood is that I get to laugh everyday.

Anna said...

yes, to make us laugh and keep us humble... LOVE THESE STORIES!!!!!!!!

The Mecham Family said...

I love moments like that! And I am pretty sure I heard her exclamation. :)