Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wish me luck!

You know how they say, "you are what you eat"? Well, I suppose it is true. Every winter I get a little bit lax and I start to eat things that I probably, (well, probably isn't really the right word,) shouldn't eat. This winter was no exception. And in June, Craig and I are taking the kids on a vacation to see my brother David and his family in Mississippi. I am super excited to see them, and super excited because they are going to let Criag and I go on our first vacation alone since we had children. We are planning to take a cruise. :) I would like to get in shape before that happens, so I don't have to feel like I am hiding the whole time.

I have been watching the biggest loser for years. I love to see the transformation each of the contestants makes. One thing that I have learned from watching them is that life challenges each of us differently, and for one reason or another most of these people feel like they can't succeed. I find myself falling into that trap too. Feeling like I can't do things, because they are too hard or for some other equally silly excuse. This time, I am going to do it. I have set my mind to it, and I am going for it. I have already started eating healthier, and I am planning to start an excersize program soon. I am determined to not give up, and to work until I succeed. Wish me luck, and if you think about it, a word of encouragement now and then will keep me on the right track. I will let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Hillori said...

I'll encourage you if you encourage me! We can do it together!

The Mecham Family said...

Good luck! YOu can totally do it- remember how you trained and ran the 5K? See, you are a strong woman, now let me hear you roar!!

Andrea said...

Once this junky weather warms up a bit more, I'd love to walk together. We could even hold hand weights or something. ;)

Anna said...

I'm doing the same thing, inspired by the last 10 pounds being harder to lose after each child!! For exercise: remember that if you can only fit in 5 minutes of jumping jacks, a 10 minute walk or 20 minutes of stretching, that's better than nothing!! I tend to think that if I don't have 1/2 hour I shouldn't even start...but that's just a lie to myself!

Queen of the Hill said...

All right, I'm right there with you. I have started exercising, but I could definately eat better.

We can do this!!!

Megan said...

Thanks to all of you... I am glad to know that I am not alone in this quest. Let's keep each other motivated. :)