Monday, April 18, 2011

Amarillo by morning...

Today is our 3rd big day of traveling.....So far so good.... Saturday we drove 15 1/2 hours, from St. George to Amarillo Texas. Sunday we drove 10 hours, from Amarillo to Shreveport Louisianna. This morning, we leave Louisianna and make our final stretch into Mississippi.....we should be there by dinner time....YAHOO!! I have to tell you that the whole time we have been driving into, and through Texas, I have been singing songs like, 'Amarillo by morning', and 'All my ex's live in Texas' in my mind. And one more small thing- a HUGE thanks to my friend Tara- who loaned my some fabulous books on tape, the have saved us from 3 days of endless boredom! We have really loved them. We are almost done with book 4! I will have more and some pictures in a few days.

3 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

you're welcome, Megan! I love the updates and am amazed you guys are managing so well and driving some long stretches. enjoy your time in Mississippi!!

Hillori said...

Have fun! I hope to see pictures after you are all done... :)

The Mecham Family said...

Be safe and have fun!