Monday, April 11, 2011

You did what?

Do you ever have one of those days where you just have to laugh? Today was one of those days for me. It all started out this morning just after breakfast. Olivia (bless her little heart) had just finished her cereal, and I asked her to take her bowl to the sink. A few moments later, I hear the crash, and I look to see cereal remnants and milk splattered all over the walls, the floor, the table, the chairs and her own legs and feet. I said to her, "Olivia, what were you doing?" She replies, with great surprise, "I was just carrying my bowl in my teeth and it fell!"....

Okay, so I wasn't ready to laugh yet, but then....

We had a family dinner, and as my brother and his family were leaving, I was standing on the porch and noticed chalk drawings all over the front of the house....I asked, "Who did this?" Ally immediately says, "It wasn't me...It must have been Olivia!"...... Oh, that's right, you were framed by your 2 year old sister....who coincidentally can't reach that high, and doesn't know how to write....



Still not ready to laugh at this point, but then.....

As the girls were getting ready for bed, Ally is brushing her teeth. When she is done, she comes into the kitchen with a very forlorn look on her face and says, "Mom, while I was brushing my teeth, I accidentally spit into the DRAWER!!" It was at that point that I just had to laugh.....

Sometimes it's a little bit of HUMOR that gets us through the day. And thank goodness, I have 3 wee ones who lend me plenty of humorous moments.

1 comment:

Queen of the Hill said...

Ryan and I got a good laugh out of that. I'm glad you could too!