Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Off to a good start

So-This morning I started my 8 week training for my first ever 5K. And I did it!!! I am so proud of myself. I am not a runner yet, but I will be soon. I have to say that it was actually really nice to be out this morning at 6:30, when all is quiet and cool. All you can hear is the wind in the trees and the birds singing. The smell of lilacs topped off the whole event. It was wonderful.

If there are any of you out there who want to get started with a fitness plan, I am now the biggest fan of the Couch to 5K program, because I can do it. Success is a great motivator.

And by the way, thanks to my sister in law, Susan, who will be doing this all with me across the country in Biloxi Mississippi. Thanks for your support, I can't wait for July!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yay!! Good for you! I am going to do it tonight. The boys are sick so I couldn't do it today. Can't wait either.

The Mecham Family said...

Great job! And blogging about it will definitely keep you accountable and motivated!

Andrea said...

Good job! The stake is doing a Tri-Fit challenge in August, which includes and almost 5k. We should workout together.