Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby Bruises

So, I have accident prone children, especially my 2nd child- Olivia, bless her little heart, she just can't help it. They all are constantly getting bruises from walking into walls, or tripping over their own feet. :) In light of this tendency, I have found a wonderful remedy that I think is fabulous, and wanted to share it with all of you.

Well, ever since Logan has learned to crawl he has had a string of bruises all the way across his forehead. A few days ago, he ran his head into the corner of our china hutch...



It immediately turned purple and started to swell up. He was screaming and crying, it was really sad. I put some Arnica on it (you buy it at the health food store)...



He stopped crying almost immediately, and in the morning, instead of a huge bruise and a black eye, this is how he looked...



It's pretty amazing stuff. I used it when Ally got clocked in the cheek with a swing, and the same thing happened, it took the pain away almost immediately and she healed significantly faster that I thought she would. I use it on myself all the time too, because I bruise so easily. Sometimes, if I put it on right after I hurt myself, I won't even have a mark the next day. Just and FYI- Arniflora, Arnica gel, it is AMAZING.

1 comment:

The Mecham Family said...

I need to get some of that!! Especially for our neice... Bless her heart-she has a HUGE forehead that is always hitting into things, therefore- it is ALWAYS black and blue...