Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A new day....

So, after what is likely the last weekend of vacation for the summer, I have decided that it is time to start getting my act together again. You know, the whole new year's resolution thing, only in August :). Now that school is back in session, there aren't so many distractions for the kids (like neighbor kids playing in the street ALL the time, and staying out late into the night), and I am planning on starting home-school Kindergarten for Ally this week, (I am open to any tips or ideas any of you may have, or use). We are getting back on schedule, early to bed and early to rise...Cutting out the treats, and starting to exercise again.... (I think that my body might go into shock, but then again, I have heard that shock therapy works, so here goes.) Also, we are doing 1 week with no TV, to try and detox from TOO much TV and movies...My kids are getting lazy. When they can't go outside and play because it is too hot, they just want to stay in the house and plop down in front of the TV...not good. I will let you know how we are all doing as the week goes on....I will be needing encouragement I am sure- I enjoy vegging out in front of the TV as much as the next guy. I am planning on being able to get lots more done in a day and lots more sleep at night. Wish me luck, I am going to need it. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You made it home-hurray! I know Jonas and Ally are on VERY different levels, but if you were thinking of doing something that involved Olivia sometimes, I'd love to do a little joy school type thing. Let me know if that interests you. And, are you up for walking together?

Susan said...

Good luck!! No T.V. is awesome. It'll be great. Miss your kids.

Anna said...

what a great endeavor! I'm going to be right with you on cutting back on sweets! We don't have a tv, so that's not an option-- just movies here 'n' there. I have lots of homeschool ideas, but can't remember if I've already sent them-- email me if you'd like to know what works for us! :)