Monday, October 17, 2011

ranch dip and fajita mix recipes

I recently ran out of both Ranch Dip mix and Fajita seasoning, and since it was Sunday, I had to be creative. I looked online at some recipes, combined a few, and made some changes that I thought would be good, and here is what I came up with. Try them if you like, I think they are every bit as good as any mix you can buy.

Ranch Dip Mix:

16 oz. Sour Cream
1 T. Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. Dill Weed
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt

Mix all together and serve with veggies of your choice.
(I make all my measurements heaping, because I like lots of flavor. :)


Fajita Seasoning:

3 T. Cornstarch
2 T. Chili Powder
1 T. Salt
1 T. Paprika
1 T. Sugar
1 T. Chicken Bouillon
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Onion Powder
2 tsp. Cumin

Mix all together and store in air tight container. Makes the equivellant to 3 store bought mix packets.
( I have tried another recipe that I found online also, and while it was okay, this one is FAR better. The cornstarch thickens the sauce, and holds the flavor to the meat and veggies. I REALLY liked this one.)

Happy cooking! Let me know what you think if you try it!

No comments: