Monday, October 31, 2011

Odd findings...

Do you ever walk through your house and think, 'how did that get there?'
Of course you rarely have to think very long before you realize that one of the children placed it there.
Over the last few days, here are a few of the strange finding I came across.

A sippy cup of apple juice on the floor in the bathroom, tucked almost behind the toilet...of course that seems infinitely better than a toothbrush in the same place which I found a few weeks ago.

A used bandaid stuck to the arm of the couch, almost (but not quite) hidden by the cushion.

A pair of tinkerbell pajamas on the desk in the office. Now mind you that the office is nowhere near either the laundry room or the bedroom of the princess who currently wears those tinkerbell jammies.

A pair of little pink panties on the stairs, and a few more on the floor in the toy room, because another of my little princesses need to have matching panties for everything she wears, including dress up clothes....so needless to say those panties are 1 of maybe 4 that we go through in a day.

3 small pieces of CHEESE in the bath tub. Apparently someone needed to take their snack into the bath with them, then got side tracked, and there under the cover of the bubble-bath marinated 3 small pieces of cheese, until the water was drained, and they crusted themselves to the bottom of the tub, patiently waiting for yours truly to scrape them off...

A stash of all the toys that are yellow, behind the chair in the living room, carefully left by my color co-ordinated child who only likes to play with toys that are the same color.

And just today, I found a measuring cup on the floor of the office, next to the recliner, and there is currently a toothbrush under the piano bench...

Is it any wonder that we could run ourselves in circles as mothers, day after day after day, just trying to have a tidy home? Though I have to tell you, I have chuckled to myself with each odd finding, and I suppose if we can learn to see the humor in all of this, life with be less about the cleaning up an more about the making. :)

3 comments:

Queen of the Hill said...

I love it! Seriously, though, what does go through their minds?

Christopher and Kimberly said...

This is cute. I could see myself taking pictures and documenting all the strange findings around the house. I haven't experienced much of this yet, but I'm expecting it will begin soon.

Christopher and Kimberly said...

Although we have been finding toys in our shoes...I love that! It's like a special love note from our baby :)