Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NO more BEDREST!!!

Well, I met with my mid-wife and was officially given permission to stop lying around in my bed and get up and live life again. You can only imagine my elation! As of Friday, I will be 37 weeks, which is considered full-term, and out of danger for baby if he is to come now. I have high hopes that baby Nathan will be here soon, though I think it would be my luck that he will still take his time, and won't show up for a few weeks still :) Though, it seems infinitely more bearable now that I am free to live, and move, and clean my house!

I have to tell you, for a while now, I have been wondering what it is that God is trying to teach me through all of this, and I must admit that I have been stumped for some time now. Patience is an obvious one, it would be near impossible to not automatically think of that one. But aside from that, I wondered why I was going through this. I was miserable, and uncomfortable, and feeling a bit distanced from all things spiritual. And then a few days ago, I had a revelation of sorts. I realized that what I have learned about service and Christ-like love from those dear friends who have served me these last few weeks is more important than the pain or suffering I have been facing. I have received overwhelming love and service like the Savior himself would give, from sweet friends who I know are suffering with their own hardships and challenges, and yet still found time, to come to my rescue. It is obvious that the Lord has worked through them to teach me the importance of service, and I certainly hope that I may serve others as they have served me, for I have truly seen the hands of God in my life. God has been good to me and my family and I am thankful. For those of you who have helped me and are reading this, I love you and I am so thankful for you.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

You looked so happy this afternoon when we talked. I'm very excited for you! See you tomorrow!

Queen of the Hill said...

Yay for no more bed rest!

Christopher and Kimberly said...

Wish I could have helped you! I'm thankful to those who did, and I'm glad that you are off of bedrest. :)