Monday, November 28, 2011

Puzzle Blocks

I found this great idea on Pintrest, for these puzzle blocks. I thought it was so clever and decided that I was going to make one for each of the kiddies this Christmas. They all love to build things and my 2 older ones LOVE puzzles. So these seemed like a natural fit.

I underestimated the amount of time it would take to make, but still I am very happy with the finished project! And FYI- these were all made from the comfort of my own bed.

I think Logan will love this one. Here is a picture with each side of the blocks put together...and just so you know, this camouflage one took both Craig and I together, 10 minutes to put it all together :)

I think it will be a few years before Logan is actually using the puzzle option,
for now, they will just be for building :)


If you want to see how to make these, here is the link.
In her tutorial, she uses fabric, but I thought that scrapbook paper was a much easier option, and that is what I used. I was also thinking that an old calendar would be a great option too. And I didn't buy blocks, I just had Craig cut them out of some scrap wood he had in his wood shop, which made them EXTREMELY cheap to make.

3 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

WOW! Those are really awesome, Megan! I love it. They turned out great!

kyli olise said...

Love it! The girls are going to be so jealous!

Queen of the Hill said...

Those are so cute. I love it.