Friday, December 30, 2011

A few good recipes- part 2

I ventured out and decided to try something new. It is FULL of wonderful veggies, and very low in calories, incase that matters to anyone. :)

Vitamix Tortilla Soup

3 C. chicken broth
1 roma tomato- halved
1 carrot- chunked
1 stalk of celery- halved
1 thin slice of onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 yellow squash
1 thin slice red pepper
1 thin slice cabbage
1 mushroom
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. taco seasoning
1/4 tsp. cumin

*for this soup, as is listed above, there are only 36 calories per 1 cup serving!)

Now, here are the extras. And while they add more calories, the make it wonderful!

1/2 C. cooked chicken
1/4 C. cooked black beans
1/4 C. frozen corn
1/4 C. black olives
6 corn tortillas- cut into strips or triangles, and baked at 350 until crispy.

Place all soup ingredients into vitamix and blend on high for 5-6 minutes until hot, then add in chicken, beans, corn, olives and baked chips and blend for 10-20 seconds again. Top with sour cream and avocados.

I give this recipe 5 out of 5 stars, and EVERYONE in the family ate it, including the kids! That is a huge success in my book! Lots of good veggies, and everyone ate it? YAHOO!! And, it took UNDER 10 minutes to make. And for any of you who might want to know, I LOVE MY VITAMIX- it was a WONDERFUL investment!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

My parents have a vitamix and they LOVE it, I really want to get one one of these days!! I have had that soup and I have to say it is very delicious, and I don't even like vegetables!!