Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dinner delight

So, many of you know that I am a lover of good food. (when I say good food, I am referring to good tasting food rather than good for you food... :) I try to keep things healthy most of the time, but there are just some days that you need to eat something that really just tastes good. Today was one of those days...

Tonight I make fettuccine Alfredo (and salad), with apple spice cake and lemon sauce for dessert.

Here is the greatest recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo I have ever had, thanks to my friend Kyli's mother -in-law.

PS- it is NOT low-fat, but you will thank me later, it is divine.

Alfredo Sauce:

1 -8 oz. package of Cream Cheese
1 Cube of Butter
1/2 - 1 C. Cream
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder (or to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
(I also added about a T. of dried parsley because green stuff gives the illusion of healthy right?)

Heat all and serve over cooked fettucini, with a green salad so you don't feel guilty :)


Apple Spice Cake:

1 1/2 C. Flour ( I use half white and half wheat)
3/4 C. Oil
3/4 C. packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. ground Allspice
2 Eggs
1 1/2 C. Grated Apples (or applesauce)

Mix dry ingredients- add wet. Stir in apples. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350. Serve with Lemon Sauce.


Lemon Sauce:

2 C. Sugar
1/4 C. + 1 tsp. Corn Starch
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 C. Water
1 C. Butter (yes I really do mean 1 CUP of butter :)
1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Extract

Mix dry ingredients in pan. Add water and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon extract.

I hope that some of you will venture to try this and tell me what you think....I hope you love it too.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That sounds very yummy. I think I know what to make for dinner tomorrow. Thanks!

PS-you looked very pretty today.

Megan said...

Andrea- you always know just what to say to make a girl feel good! Thanks! I am glad your my friend. :)