Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stink-be-gone

So, this is just a small bit of useful information that I thougth some of you could perhaps find interesting....

I have been searching for a solution to the stinky kitchen rag....It doesn't seem to matter what I do, that sour stinky smell always seems to find it's way back....

A friend of mine told me to put it in the microwave (damp) and microwave it for 1 minute, and that it would kill all the bacteria....so, I took the rag that I had just discovered had soured over-night and popped it in for 1 minute, and you guessed it, stink gone! AMAZING!!! What a fabulous discovery for the day.

So there you have it, the solution to stinky kitchen rags has been discovered! Try it out and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I typically set the stinky ones aside for a bleach soak, but I wait for a few to do at a time. The microwave would be easier.

Did you bleach your microwave afterwards?

The Mecham Family said...

Great idea!!

Anna said...

yes, I've found this trick does work, and also works with kitchen sponges. The solution I'm looking for is the "wet dog" smell that sometimes comes from the clean dishwasher-- it has happened in various homes and we can't figure out why!!